Saturday, August 17, 2013

Leading by example...



We're entering week 7 of my journey to integral health. I have been practicing meditation a little more regularly, but have been preoccupied this week. A meditation series called “abundance” has been mainly my morning focus and this has helped me start each day with a positive attitude around my work and intentions for the day. In the evenings I have been attempting to do either the “loving-kindness” or another meditation series I started a couple of weeks ago. At times it is wonderful and gives me the feelings of acceptance and kindness, while other nights it is difficult for me to concentrate with other distracting thoughts. I do need to make this a regular practice as I do see the benefits and know they will grow as I do this more regularly.

The “meeting Aesclepius” meditation was a little difficult for me this time trying to concentrate on one person, but I did keep going back to one person and a message that all the negative thoughts and feelings are senseless in life. Just concentrate on feeling the love around you and giving that love to others. This did bring a sense of peace.

“One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself”. In the case of integral health, how can a practitioner or healer help their patient/client step into this journey if they have no experience themselves? It would be like a practitioner who struggles with obesity and has never experienced transforming their own behaviors that were blocking them from that weight-loss, trying to guide their patient to achieving this. In this case it goes beyond counting calories and exercising, it is recognizing and changing behaviors and their mindset, discovering what their body/mind is really craving or needing, and how to maintain motivation. Even if the practitioner hasn’t been through that particular journey, having experienced change and transformation of some sort themselves can help to better guide others through their journey.

4 comments:

  1. That's wonderful that someone so close to you gives you healing messages! I also think it is admirable that you are incorporating meditation into your daily life. Here's hoping for continued benefits and growth in your life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lynne,

    That's great that you are enjoying meditation technique. I am glad its helping you to focus in your life. I love doing "love-kindness" exercise too because it helps me to feel relax and focus on my goal.

    Stuti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello I am glad to see that you are actually getting something out of this whole experience I am still having a hard time connecting to these exercises my house is so busy i have been practicing the mindfulness technique i have a feeling it will prove beneficial for my future. thanks have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked reading your blog post i'm happy that you are benefiting from this entire experience. I too have gained some benefits from these exercises.

    ReplyDelete