I'm not quite sure why this visualization exercise with color is called the "Crime of the Century" unless they were referring to the fact that it should be considered a crime not to have have beautiful color in your life. This was the second time I had done this visualization which goes through the individual colors relating to the various parts of your body. You visualize the ray of light with a particular color shining into a particular part of your body. I had a little trouble in the beginning in quieting my mind to visualize this, but I noticed both times that when it came to the greens and blues I suddenly had a beautiful feeling of calm and happiness radiating through me. It helped me also to realize the importance of color therapy and the wonderful effects it can have. I would like to try this exercise with a different narrator as both times I had difficulty relaxing with the sound of his voice. Other than that, I found the exercise interesting and beneficial.
In health & happiness,
Lynne
You might try working out first. In chakras (which is clearly what this is based on), the lower ones (red, yellow, orange) are for physical states and experiences, working out might help you engage that aspect of yourself. Best of luck!
ReplyDeleteThanks Amy, this is new to me so I appreciate the advice. I find it so interesting how the colors can affect you. I once had a practitioner suggest that I wear blue colored glasses for an hour a day. It was years ago and wasn't sure what it was supposed to do but after doing this exercise I can see how the blues are so relaxing and soothing.
DeleteAmy, I tried it after a training session and I must say it made a difference. However, some of the colors I connected with initially didnt appeal to me as much this way. That may just be because I was focused on the red, yellow and orange though.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hijack your blog Lynne!
No problem Austin. I'll try this again after a workout to see if it changes.
ReplyDelete